How to become a Mother-Baby Friendly Public Place?
- Register of intent: The public place registers with SBFO to establish its intention and book an orientation visit.
- Orientation visit: An orientation visit from SBFO team to assist the public place plan how they are going to achieve accreditation.
- Certificate of commitment: The first award, given when there is a Mother-Baby Friendly policy (2 steps) and a signed commitment from the director of the public place.
- Assessment: an official visit of the assessors in the facility to check the mother's room and interview the staff and clients.
Full Accreditation stage
- The accreditation is valid for 3 years
- The standard achieved needs to be maintained, and to be re-assessed for renewing the accreditation.