How to become a Breastfeeding-Friendly Nursery?
Breastfeeding Friendly accreditation is a staged process as the following:
- Register of intent: The nursery registers with SBFO to establish its intention and book an orientation visit.
- Orientation visit: An orientation visit from SBFO team to assist the nursery plan how they are going to achieve accreditation.
- Certificate of commitment: The first award, given when there is a breastfeeding policy (4 steps) and a signed commitment from the director of the nursery.
- Assessment: an official visit of the assessors in the facility to check the mother's room and interview the staff and clients.
Full Accreditation stage
- The accreditation is valid for 3 years
- The standard achieved needs to be maintained, and to be re-assessed for renewing the accreditation.