Assesses the mechanisms that have been developed to enable the standards to be implemented and maintained:
- Communication of the Baby-Friendly Policy to the public and the staff
- The mechanism for collecting infant feeding statistics
- The mechanism for allocating and recording staff attendance at the SBFC Campaign education and training programme (Ref. to Forms)
- The mechanism for educating all pregnant women about the benefits and management of breastfeeding and the hazards of artificial feeding
- The mechanism for ensuring that new mothers receive information and support to breastfeed successfully
- Written information for pregnant women and new mothers
- Implementation of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes: declaration of adherence to the International Code (and subsequent resolutions).